Tuesday, July 17, 2007

They're here, they're here!

The kayaks are finally here! Yay! My sweetheart's boss (officially known as Sweetie-boss) sent my sweetie off to go get them when he heard they were in. I owe sweetie-boss a beer! Or some sake. Or a bottle of wine. :-)

Now for the really hard part - how to wait patiently through the afternoon before I can pet my own boat?!

You know, I haven't actually updated my blog much, since I figured folks would eventually get bored hearing about kayaking all the time. But since last I posted, my sweetheart and I have successfully completed two days of Surf Zone classes, found we could do rolls on both sides the first night we tried (which is apparently amazingly rare - our instructors were rather taken aback. It was fun!), and got through a perfecting the forward stroke clinic. From here, it's just lots of practice!

We will celebrate this weekend by going to paddle in Half Moon Bay and catching dinner and a movie (Airplane 2) with a friend.

Life _is_ good.

No comments: