Thursday, May 10, 2007

a week of good food and good company

It's a darn good thing I'm trying to put on a bit of weight to help me with the increase in physical activity, 'cause this week has been a Week Of Food. Food food food food. First it was Francis Coppolla's restaurant, 3 courses including some really good wine and some ice wine to finish off. I could hardly move for being full. Then it was sushi in San Francisco followed by beer at The Thirsty Bear. Mmmm, beeeeer. Their brown ale was tasty. I got the stout, which was good,but the brown ale was better. Tonight, it's Thai food at my favorite Thai restaurant, where I always eat myself silly.

And what's the occasion, you might ask? (Ask! Ask!) I've got friends in town! Yay for east coast visitors!!! So, while the food has been lovely, getting to see folks I haven't encountered in months is even better. There has been oodles of lovely gossip, tech talk, and just plain ol' catching up. I'll miss these folks when they go back home.

This weekend we're going to meet with our kayak instructor from last weekend after we have a day on the water around the Oakland Estuary. Guess what we'll do when we meet up? Eat! Being in the Bay area, catching up over good food is just too darn easy.

So, if you haven't come out to visit, whoever you are, can I interest you in some blackberry cabernet sorbet soon? Or perhaps some red curry prawns with pumpkin and coconut milk? What about some amazingly fresh sea food? You know you want to visit... ;-)

No comments: